Norwegian National Championship Rules
1. RESPECT- Always have respect for your opposing team.
2. Rock Paper Scissors - To determine which team throws first. The team who wins the starts.
3. BALL N' CUP - When a cup is made, the cup is pulled from the table once both players have shot. 2 shots per team not per player. No player is allowed to throw both balls, they must alternate.
4. BALLS BACK - If both team members make their shots on a turn, both players get to shoot again. Two balls in the same cup result in three cups pulled.
5. DON'T JUST PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION, ACT LIKE ONE - Dance moves, fake outs, distractions, and trash talking are permitted and flat out encouraged.
6. WAIT TO THROW - Players may not throw at the same time. The second player must wait for the first player’s ball to hit the cup, beer, or table.
7. NO AIR BALLS (During Group Stage Only!) - An air ball is a throw that does not touch either a cup or the table. An air ball results in a one cup penalty. There is no air ball penalties on the last 3 cups for the team with one cup left on their side.
8. BOUNCES - A ball that hits the table before going into a cup counts for two cups. Once a ball hits either the lip of a cup or any part of the table, it is free game to grab or slap away, so all bounces can be blocked.
9. KEEP THE CUP ON THE TABLE - If a cup falls, accident or not, the cup is pulled. If the downed cup happens to be the last cup, the game is over with no chance for rebuttals.
10. RE-RACKS - There are two re-racks: a six cup triangle and a three cup triangle. Applicable re-racks can be called at any time.
11. BACK IT UP - No part of a player’s body may touch the table while throwing. Feet must be on the floor at all times. A violation of this rule results in a re-throw for the first offense, and a loss of turn for any violation thereafter.
12. ON FIRE! - If a single player makes two shots in a row, the player may call “Heating Up!” If the player makes a third consecutive shot and calls “On Fire,” that player has the opportunity to shoot until he/she misses.
14. REBUTTALS (NOT IN GROUP STAGE!) - A rebuttal is an opportunity to keep the game alive. When a team sinks the last cup, the opposing team receives the opportunity to keep the game alive through a rebuttal. If one team makes the same cup with 3 or less cups on the table then the game is over and there is no rebuttal. If there are two cups left and the team makes both cups then the game is over.
a. Each player (2 per team) gets a chance to "shoot until they miss". If you make a cup you shoot again, but once you have missed your turn is over. If a cup is made the other team must remove it immediately. There are no same cup in rebuttal. If all cups are made during the rebuttal then it goes into a 1 cup vs 1 cup overtime. The team who made last cup first gets to start.
15. SAFETY & RESPONSIBILITY - A main purpose of the Norwegian National Beer Pong Tournament is to provide a safe and responsible environment to enjoy the game of Beer Pong. The following regulations MUST be followed at all times:
a. A team has the option to play with non-alcoholic beverages.
b. A player ALWAYS has the option to not drink.
c. Inappropriate behavior is not tolerated and is punishable by the issuance of a technical foul or suspension at the Commissioner’s discretion.
d. A player must never drive after a night of drinking alcohol